Monday, July 22, 2013

Effortless Summer Glow


Hey everyone, so this is my first make-up article. I know a lot of you guys have been asking me how I get my summer glow and I have all of m secrets to spill with you guys today. There are so many miracle products that can totally transform and enhance your inner golden goddess!

This is me with the finished look and I will show you guys how to get this look!


These products are vital. I find that Nars products work really well and are extremely pigmented. However, they are a bit pricey but trust me they are worth it. Nars has also came out with some brilliant highlighters that are insanely good. In my makeup look I am using "Orgasm" and it really highlights and adds shimmer to the skin. On my cheekbones I always use a bit of the Orgasm illuminator and Nars highlighter blush in the color " Albatross". When doing such a natural look, I prefer to keep my eyes simple. So all I do is wear some Mascara ( I always use Telescopic by L'Oreal) and just line my top lid. 

Step 1: Prime your face. I use the Revlon Photo Ready primer and it is truly great because it is inexpensive and really works. It is a color corrector so it corrects my skin tone and makes me not need a heavy foundation.

Step 2: Foundation. During the summer I don't like to wear foundation just because it cakes and makes me feel gross and sweaty and it just doesn't work. BB Creams are the best way to go. I like to use Dr. Jart's BB Cream because you can get a small bottle for $18 and it lasts a while and it is SUCH GOOD QUALITY! Then, I use Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in the color Honey and it cancels out all of my Green under eye tones. 

Step 3: Next, I add highlighters. Now Nars is the BEST when it comes to highlighters. All of their highlighters are so well pigmented and look beautiful on the skin. The two that I am using in this photo is Albatross, Highlighting Blush and Orgasm, and illuminator. Albatross is in a powder form meanwhile, Orgasm is in a liquid form (mixing them together is AMAZING). 

Step 4: Add the blush: I use a palette from Elf that is $3 and let me tell you... it is great! It works just as good as all of my more expensive blushes. I use it in the color St. Lucia and you can get it here. (It is the best $3 blush...ever).

Step 5: Lips: So I use more than one lipstick in this look. I use Made to Last (MAC) and Shy Girl (MAC).

Step 6: Just put on some Mascara and line your top lid and you are good to go!

Hope you enjoyed this little makeup tutorial and please comment if you want more makeup looks!

Buy the Products here:




XOXO
Ashley


18 comments:

  1. Love this post! You look fabulous! xx

    http://www.timelessdifference.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous! Love the makeup too.
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would we follow each other on gfc and bloglovin, what do you mean? :) ♥ Isa

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! love your blog. glad you found me too!! i followed :)

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful make-up look <3 just followed you on bloglovin :>
    check out my latest post:http://www.fashionglow.ro/?p=3338
    xoxo,Khloe

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for your comment, dear :) we follow you, xoxoxo

    kate&bee
    kate&bee on fb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally loved this post!!! Really great inspiration! tell me if you would like to follow each other! I follow you back for sure - Lots of Love, Kyra♡
    FOLLOW MY BLOG // TELL ME // I FOLLOW YOU BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear...I appreciate your kind visit :) Love this stunning and natural looking makeup look, looks so pretty. Following you with GFC

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely love your blog! beautiful look! some great products there. I am now following you on gfc and bloglovin both! xx. gigi. www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This make up is really great! Perfect for summer

    www.culturevogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look amazing, this is perfect for summer. I hope to see more posts like this soon.

    Mana
    Fashion and Happy Things

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a gorgeous summer look - you look put together but still casual and not overdone.
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your makeup is gorgeous! I use BB cream in the summer as well. It's just too hot for anything. Sometimes I think wearing any makeup is too much in the summer!

    Mabel
    Life of Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look like you have no makeup on! Your skin looks awesome.

    Rebecca {at} Preppy Panache

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! NARS makes great products and Orgasm is a must-have!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! Love your skin complexion. That lip color looks great on you, too!

    ReplyDelete